sights and sounds of the east London streets

'Twas just another Sunday afternoon on Brick Lane, with loads of arty things happening. Soaking in the warm sunshine and usual cacophony of the street I heard something quite different. I've heard some groovy, jazzy, funky music on the streets of London before, but oh these guys got my attention. So much so that I made this ridiculously low quality recording of them.

Turns out they're quite known in the underground scene.  What do I know?  I have since listened to every single song on their YouTube channel repeatedly.

And then I bumped into these guys that appeared to be performing to a passed out drunk. By the time I fired my shot, the drunk had risen. The music though, I'm not sure how to categorise. Some kind of jazz I guess - a guitar, a sax and vocal beatbox.  Crazy stuff.

And then out of nowhere we were swarmed by dozens of bikers making their way through the lane. These were no ordinary bikers, of course - its Brick Lane, they were on actual bikes, some resembling Harleys.  Some of them even had the stereotypical facial hair and leather gear.  Hilarious stuff.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

olympus om-1

How to choose your first 35mm film camera

boots 500AF - part 1