farewell flik


I hate dogs.  Let's get that out of the way. It's ok though, they hate me back more than twice as much.  I had a bad experience as a child that I have been unable to forget.

However there is one dog that kind of stole my heart [eventually].  I'd shoo it away, throw things at it, but it kept coming back, with longing eyes, hoping to be petted.  So once I succumbed and gave it a belly rub.  It wasn't so bad.  The first time I'd shown a dog any such positive attention.  I didn't stop hating dogs, but I stopped hating Flik.  I'd never understood exactly why people develop such close bonds with dogs.  Flik gave me a glimpse into that world.

Flik is 15 human years old [thats like a 70 year old in dog years].  Over the last 8 years or so that I've known Flik, it's grown significantly weaker and less jumpy, especially since losing it's companion Aja who passed on 4 years ago.

Today Flik goes to join Aja in that big fetch game in the sky.  Flik is being put down due to old age.

Farewell my little friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

olympus om-1

How to choose your first 35mm film camera

boots 500AF - part 1