to be truly free, you need wings


They say “birds of a feather flock together”.  Yet, some birds are loners.  Just like we humans, we thrive in communities, and we were made to ‘be together’.  Many of us though, myself included, just love to be by ourselves for long periods of time.  

As a kid, I spent a lot of time doing my own thing - playing on my own, letting my imagination take me to wonderful places.  Had I been a kid today, I may have been mistaken as being autistic actually, the way I would sometimes zone out.

As an adult, I yearn for these times when I’m alone.  In a way I sometimes return to those times of childhood - letting my mind float around in an imaginary world.  Those are the times I get some of my best ideas.


I am particularly attracted to the life of birds; their carefree ways and freedom to go wherever and do whatever.  I believe as humans we can never experience true freedom because we cannot fly.  To be truly free, you need wings.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

olympus om-1

How to choose your first 35mm film camera

boots 500AF - part 1