no news is good news


I can't remember the last time I watched TV by choice. I just stopped doing it, particularly the news. There came a time when I decided there is really nothing I can do about a collapsed building in Kenya, or an earthquake in Vietnam. Yet, I got fed the news almost instantly as it happened. I went through all the stresses and emotional trauma, then simply forgot about the incident. The forgetfulness is to make room for the next bit of bad news - the mass beheading of innocent people in some rogue state somewhere, say.

The saying "No news is good news" says it all really.

For some reason though, I can't seem to avoid these two LCD screens on the wall of this waiting room. Every time I pass by them, they are displaying some kind of bad news - missing airplanes, terrorist attacks, tsunamis, something. 

Today as I grabbed my early morning coffee, there they were, serving up the bad news. I couldn't hear the audio, but my heart sank when I saw the images of the most flamboyant boxer that has ever lived. There were images in black and white and colour. There were images from 1974 and 2014. This could only mean one thing. Just like Prince's before his, these two LCD screens had served me today's bad news.

R.I.P Muhammad Ali. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

olympus om-1

How to choose your first 35mm film camera

boots 500AF - part 1